What are the benefits of School Business Partnerships?
Here's what business people and educators report:
- Business partners become enlightened about the current school environment and are provided the ability to give input into the
- Business partners gain a greater understanding and appreciation of the current educational, social, economic and cultural demands of the
contemporary school on students and their families.
- Business partners witness how school partners responsibly use resources provided through tax dollars, state funding and
- Students gain a mentor and/or see adults as positive role models and this builds assets for students that increase odds for
- Business partners see youth in a positive light to counter mostly negative media exposure.
- Business partners receive the intrinsic satisfaction of knowing they have made a positive and worthwhile difference in the lives of
- Business partners provide students with real world expectations to support the schools, e.g. arrive to class on time; take math classes;
- Students gain awareness of current workforce environments and of occupations and career opportunities.
- Educators gain insight into the current workforce demands/needs that may be applicable to the curriculum they teach.
- Business partners gain insight into today's youth and the trends and motivations of the future workforce.
- Business partners provide financial and staff support to the school to develop skills that are 'above average' for entry-level
- Business partners receive Volunteer/Service Credit that benefits the business, student and community.
- Business partners have the opportunity to network among their peers in business and schools.
- Business partners have community partnering opportunities as well as advertising and promotion possibilities.
For more information on becoming a school business partner go to the
Anchorage School District School Business Partnership