For help with enrollment or to inquire about our school, please contact Administrative
Margie Mitchell (907) 742-1181.
Frontier has earned full accreditation, through the Cognia Accreditation Commission, as a quality institution for learning.
Frontier meets the Cognia standards and engages in a process of continuous innovation and improvement.
INCREASE ACADEMIC OPPORTUNITIES AND RESOURCES FOR YOUR HOMESCHOOL STUDENTS
Helping Homeschool Students Succeed
Frontier Charter School is a K-12 correspondence study program that supports the homeschool philosophy that one of the primary reasons parents choose to homeschool their children is their belief that they can help each of their children achieve academic excellence. This belief stems from the fact that they are willing and able to give education top priority and that they can build an individualized learning plan that meets the needs of each child.
Introducing Jerry Finkler Principal of Frontier Charter
Jerry is a long-time Alaskan resident with 24 years of experience homeschooling his children. He understands the needs of the area's homeschooling parents and is committed to providing resources, flexibility and customer service.
Retired Principal Scott stated, "We are excited about Frontier's future. Jerry brings a depth of experience to the table from several important perspectives. He and his wife Shelley have homeschooled their children, and he has worked as both an advisor and administrator in a publicly-funded homeschool setting, so he 'gets it'.
Now, Jerry is thrilled to partner with parents to help each Frontier student meet their personal goals.
The Frontier Way
1. We provide resources in support of your educational values and goals.
2. We offer the greatest level of freedom to choose the curriculum that you want.
3. Need an instructional vendor? At Frontier, you choose the vendor that you want.
1. Frontier serves students P/K-12 residing in the ASD service area.
2. Frontier families have access to the most up-to-date homeschool curriculum and technology for each of their students.
3. Frontier students have a variety of options for music, fine arts, and physical education instruction.
4. Frontier students receive funding for educational expenses.
5. Frontier's user-friendly online system helps parents maximize the use of Frontier funds.